Accessible Custom Features
Marling Homes for Life, a division of the Marling Corp. was created to help people start with a home design that’s made for a lifetime, prepare for the future during a remodel, or adapt the current home for any stage they may be at in life. By combining the ideas of universal design, accessible design, and custom design we can ensure that your project turns out to be both beautiful and fully accessible for you!
Make sure your new Home will last forever…
- Plan for wider halls and doorways
- Laundry on the first floor
- Master suite on the first floor
- At least one no-step entry way
- At least one curb less shower on the first floor
Simple changes to the layout can ensure that you’ll be able to stay in your home no matter how your abilities change, and with very little extra cost.
Plan ahead during a remodel…
- If you’re remodeling a bathroom put backing in the shower walls, and near the toilet so that grab bars can easily be added in the future if they are needed.
- If you’re remodeling a kitchen add roll-out trays and other convenient cabinetry inserts, or vary the counter heights for different tasks. That will save you from bending and reaching and other muscular stresses.
- If you’re working on a general remodel of the house think about wider doorways and other layout changes that could make things easier for you both now and in the future.
These ideas will add very little cost to the project, but also make it easy to convert to accessible in the future, if the need should arise.
If you’d like to stay in your home, but it simply isn’t accessible enough or you anymore…
- Home modifications can be done for any ability level. Adjustments can be made to avoid reaching, bending or lifting, vision impairment, hearing impairment, or even memory loss.
- Bathroom Safety can be achieved by switching to a curbless shower or a walk-in tub, adding decorative grab bars, switching to a hand-held shower, or a variety of other design solutions.
- Kitchens can be made easier to use by raising appliances, varying countertop heights, adding pull-out shelving or by using many other design solutions depending on the space available.
To get started on your project today , call and schedule a home assessment with our Certified Aging in Place Specialist and you can work together in order to create a space that is customized to your needs no matter the age or ability level.